Create a bedscape tailored to your style
The artisanal detail featured on our Flocca and Kristine linen bedding is designed to be displayed, making for a relaxed, textural and European feel. Combined with a Hale Mercantile Co. linen duvet cover, linen fitted sheet and European and standard linen pillowcases, these pieces are all the components needed to create a luxury linen retreat.
For a palette that resonates nature, you can intertwine hues such as our new stone hue of Petra, complemented with our Armee, Rok, Argent or Russo. Blended together your bedroom will immerse into the landscape and connect with nature. This natural colour scheme creates a calming base with the added textural elements of pure linen sheets and linen accessories. For a more masculine approach there is Rok, Tempest, Nox, Fonda and Roy to choose from. Each one dramatic yet wonderfully earthy.
If a little whimsy is required then our pastels and pinks will come in to play; Moro, Rosa, Floss, balanced with neutral tones of Sable and Carmel. Or simply add a pop of colour with our muted saffron hue, Maiz.
Whatever your fancy, the Hale Mercantile Co. palette and collection detail is designed to blend seamlessly into a myriad of linen bedding settings.
Caring for your linen sheets
Investing in quality linen is paramount. Hale Mercantile Co. 100% pure European washed linen sheets are designed to make this process a pleasurable and luxurious experience. Linen is a truly beautiful, natural product with an inherent timeless quality derived from flax. Its characteristics make it the perfect choice for luxury linen sheets and household linen. Flax is a wonderfully lustrous fibre many times stronger than cotton. Its durability ensures our products are made to last.
Hale Mercantile Co. pure 100% linen sheets will age beautifully with our entire range becoming softer and more relaxed over time. Our linen sheets are pre-shrunk and pre-washed ensuring the product retains its original quality from that first wash. Designed with a relaxed textural appeal, Hale Mercantile Co. linen sheets require no more than a simple warm machine wash and medium tumble dry.
With each wash and proper laundering, our linen sheets become softer and more desirable, offering a unique sleeping experience and wonderfully tactile products for around the home. Here are some tips to help you care for your linen bedding:
- Hale Mercantile Co linen sheets can be machine washed in cold or warm water with like colours, using a mild detergent such as a wool wash.
- Avoid over-filling the machine so the product can move freely during the wash. To maintain the colour of your linen, we advise not to use bleach or detergents with optical brighteners and avoid exposure to continual sunlight.
- If you wish to hand wash your linen sheets, you can do so in cold or warm water making sure you rinse thoroughly.
- Linen bedding should not be dry cleaned as it may react with the chemicals used in the dry-cleaning process and will weaken the fibres.
- Linen sheets can be tumble dried or line dried. If using a tumble dryer, use a low to medium heat to keep your linen soft and to maintain its textural appeal. Drying at high temperatures will cause the linen fibres to overheat making them brittle over time. Our linen sheets have been pre-washed at very high temperatures to ensure that with proper care, no further shrinkage should occur.
- When line drying, we recommend taking your sheets off the line while they are slightly damp and finishing them in the dryer to soften. Simply fold and store or pop back on the bed to achieve a beautiful textured look that is a feature of Hale Mercantile Co. linen.
- Always be sure to check individual product care instructions as these may vary from product to product within the Hale Mercantile Co linen bedding collection. For extensive linen bedding care instructions please view Care Guide page.
Whilst our linen sheets can be ironed, it is not recommended as our products are designed to be relaxed in nature. If you choose to iron your linen, use a low setting.
Linen quilts & linen duvet covers
Linen appeals in all seasons with its texture, drape and versatility transitioning across all climates. To make this transition between seasons effortless, HMCo’s classic pure linen quilts and linen duvet covers are the perfect seasonal pieces to keep you warm in winter and cool in summer.
With the heat in summer making it difficult for a good night’s sleep, the quality and weight of your linen bedding is paramount. Summer means less layers and linen’s natural fibres are the first choice in bed linen allowing for optimum breathability which will keep you cool and dry in warmer months.
Lightweight and super soft, our pure linen quilts work beautifully in any bedroom. Fully machine washable, our linen quilts are perfect for warm nights paired only with a linen flat sheet. Our pre-washed linen quilts are perfect for year-round use and make the transition to winter effortless when the temperature drops. If you’re in a particularly cold climate, you can layer our linen quilt over the duvet cover as a topper, enhancing the warmth and look of your bed. You may also like to have a linen sheet set which can be layered over the fitted sheet and under the linen duvet cover giving further warmth and interest to your bed. Adding extra linen standard and European pillowcases will complete the look and add a sumptuous feel. For the finishing touch, our pure linen throws and blankets also work as beautiful bed layering pieces
Our linen duvet covers are made in keeping with our Flocca signature bedding design. The hand-finished edging, hidden-button closure and textural appeal, make them a classic staple piece for any linen lover.
Linen should be considered as a natural and versatile fibre that can transgress seasons. If you are unsure of which is the best linen product for your needs, visit our 'With Every Fibre' blog where we explain why pure linen sheets are also the perfect product for all seasons.
To learn more about the Hale Mercantile Co. story and obsession with pure European linen, click to read our story.